You may have noticed that my site has been getting some tweaks and changes recently. I’ve started blogging about interesting news and articles that has caught my attention daily. I’m going to continue reviewing business books with the caveat that I won’t be writing about one book per month, but will write about whichever holds relevance.
For the month of July I’m focusing on social media. How can a writer use social media to begin their career (even before you’ve begun writing your book)? What are the practices of major writers (NY Times and critically acclaimed) on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media sites? How does a writer develop a brand using social media?
To start things off, here is a list of books that are focused on all things social media. I’m adding links to the books for purchase on the BN website, but feel free to purchase wherever is convenient.
- The Social Media MBA, by Christer Holloman http://goo.gl/rys96
- Share, Retweet, Repeat, by John Hlinko http://goo.gl/I08XM
- Likeable Social Media, by Dave Kerpen http://goo.gl/xHljU
- The Social Media Bible, by Lon Safko http://goo.gl/dyb2S
- Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day, by Chris Treadaway http://goo.gl/5teVD
- Twitter Power 2.0, by Joel Comm http://goo.gl/2XzcQ
- 30 Days to Social Media Success, by Gail Martin http://goo.gl/vMrE6
- Windmill Networking: Maximizing LinkedIn, by Neal Schaffer http://goo.gl/8nhDZ
- Viral Loop: From Facebook to Twitter, by Adam l. Penenberg http://goo.gl/ZxOQa